Thursday, November 18, 2010

Insanely Easy WOW Macro Guide: Introduction

Can't make a macro, eh? Your macros come from random web pages and internet searches and do kinda what you want, but not exactly? You receive errors sometimes when tapping your macro? You lose CDs or global CDs because your macro does extra "Bonus" stuff when you don't mean for it to? If it fails to do what you like it automatically casts on your target's target, or your target's target's target and other random garbage?

Don't cry, emo kid, I'm here to help. You're going to make macros that do what you want, exactly, not what anyone else decided or designed. I'm as convinced you can follow and excel at my macro making method as the fat guy at 7-11 who refuses to bathe is convinced the moon landing didn't happen.

Introduction
Page 2: You're going to make a macro, part 1
Page 3: You're going to make a macro, part 2
Page 4: You're not going to make a macro: Basic Macro Theory
Page 5: Basic Macro Commands list

Read on




The Intro:

This guide is for people who do not yet make their own macros. It has no intention of being the most complete guide ever. It's intention is to get you making what you want immediately, and empowered by the tools and logic that will rocket you to success in the future.


My background in figuring out educational methods: (you may absolutely skip this italicized blue part)

I took music lessons when I was younger and didn't really learn squat. The songs were songs I didn't know, so I couldn't tell when they sounded right. They weren't songs I wanted to play, or a style I liked so I played them wrong not understanding their intended style... I quit.

Later I taught myself guitar very quickly by learning songs I did like. I was able to look at the chords and scales, and now knowing their intent as I loved the song, excelled at writing my own music and playing the songs of others.

I taught many people later how to play by using similar methods. They stayed interested and understood what they learned because they related to it and got results.

I similarly learned how to make macros by taking the macros of others and dissecting them, taking what I liked and ditching what I didn't till I had my own style and set of macros. This used to take a while to experiment with in-game.


The Lesson Plan:

Now there is an exciting tool made that online explains a macro you copy and paste into it, highlights it's parts, and points out errors. As this is much faster and explanatory than doing it in-game, I've taught my pals to make macros by using this tool.

We're going to take macros we find online, and utilize this new tool to recognize their parts, and edit them to our own means. We will start out with full pictures and steps, then back off on the pictures quickly, leaving you to simply follow along. Then we'll work with before and after effects of macros I've altered in the past, with you observing the parts and changes made.

The final parts will be to let you know what other command line parts exist so you can experiment with them, what are some good and bad macro habits, what they can and cannot do, and then a list of places to get macros to hack apart to your own ends.

By the end you will be able to make anything you want, without a doubt. You may be far enough along to make them from scratch on your own; you will absolutely be ready to find a similar macro and alter it to your own means.

I do not want this to become a macro warehouse. Nor do I intend to make sure a the macros we make are as clean as they could be. We're looking for getting people making functional macros now, on their own. There will most likely be a more advanced tutorial later on the major theory and cleaning up macros to perfect and small. If you have an incredible macro you want to share please send it to me and perhaps we'll post it up in our awesome macros column : 'Magnificent Macros and Succulent Scripts'. Please be kind in the comments and only try to make this better. I want nothing but for people to get done what they want to do.

Welcome to the tutorial, have fun, you're about to make a macro.


Introduction
Page 2: You're going to make a macro, part 1

Page 3: You're going to make a macro, part 2
Page 4: You're not going to make a macro: Basic Macro Theory

Page 5: Basic Macro Commands list

1 comment:

  1. nice wow macro guide...

    here is anther post on wow macro guide you might find interesting also

    ReplyDelete